Friday, December 3, 2021

IT'S RUNNING

 Lit a fire yesterday. Great oil pressure but the solid copper head gasket leaked in several spots. I changed out the gasket for a stock one today and all is well. Drove it for a few miles and oil pressure never dropped below 30#; at 40MPH the pressure is 45#. 

I'm a happy camper!! Just need to learn how to drive it now.

edit 12/4/21:  Drove it 20+ miles today. At the end the oil was 15# at idle and 35# at 40 MPH with 10W30 break in oil. I think I've nailed it.

edit2 (12/7/21): I now have 100  miles on it. Coil issues and burned points. Replaced coil with one with built in resistor and new points; perfect running the last two days. Oil pressure holding strong.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Are you a member of the Morgan Threewheeler club. I would love to able to get in contact with you. To get some advice on how you fitted the bearing to the shaft.

    We can talk via the MTWC my avatar is DUcmon.

    I have an F4 which has this problem.

    I am really impressed with the work that you have done on your car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He DUcmon. You can email me at fredntoni
      at cox.net

      Delete